DeSmet Retirement Community is licensed by the State of Missouri. This licensure ensures that you or your loved one is living in a community that meets the State's standards for quality care and safety.
Residential Care communities are required a base coverage of licensed nurses or LPN's, plus staffing in accordance with the ability to meet the residents needs.
At DeSmet Retirement Community our staff of licensed nurses, certified medication technicians and certified nursing assistants are highly qualified in senior care. DeSmet Retirement Community offers 24-hour a day staffing with nurse aides and medication technicians onsite after regular business hours. Additionally, our licensed nurses are on call after hours.
Residential Care Life at DeSmet Retirement Community is all about continuing to maintain your highest level of independence while providing assistance with day to day activities of daily living as needed. We can assist you with daily needs, such as: arranging physician appointments, monitoring and administering medications as directed by a physician, transportation, etc. We even offer a worry free pharmacy system that accepts most insurances.
At DeSmet Retirement Community Residential Care members enjoy the company of their friends and neighbors whether it be for a quiet one on one conversation, an exciting activity or over a meal. Family and friends are always welcome to join as well, just inquire with the front desk for guest meal arrangements (for a small fee).
Our Residential Care apartment homes are available in spacious one, two and economy (shared) bedroom models and feature full size kitchens.
Additional Community Features and Benefits Include:
• Personal care assistance for activities of daily living and medication management
• Weekly housekeeping services
• Scheduled medical transportation within 10 miles of the community (escort services are available, if needed, for a small fee)
• Utilities are included in the monthly (phone, cable and internet are separate)
• Onsite beauty and barber shop for your convenience
• Full service laundry, laundry is picked up at your door for convenience
• Wireless emergency alert pendant, as well as emergency alert systems within each apartment home
• Non-denominational Chapel
• Secured community requiring a pass key to enter after normal business hours
• Daily exercise class
• Daily activity schedule, designed to keep you as busy and active as you chose to be.
• Onsite outpatient Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies available provided be ReHab Care
• Onsite portable x-ray and lab service available for onsite testing for your convenience